Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy New Year! Happy Marriage!

2011... wow, that just doesn't sound right, but it's true, it's 2011!

My hubs and I just returned back from visiting his family in SLC, and also our trip with friends to ring in the New Year in relaxing Lake Arrowhead... it was a great way to end 2010.  

I'm not really one for resolutions, but I do like goal setting... it's been inspiring to see all my favorite bloggers posting about their goals, and it's made me want to do some serious goal setting for me, my marriage, and my businesses {yes you read businesses right}.  Since I work in the wedding industry and I am a married lady, I believe it's really important to not just focus on all the fun things about weddings and planning them, but to also remember that once that fabulous day has passed, there's a marriage that needs to be tended to on a daily basis!  My mom actually gave me a great book for Christmas and I wanted to share it with all of you - it's a very informative read even if you aren't married, or if you're engaged to be married, or if you've been married for 20 years this book is great!  While the title sounds a little odd, it's a fantastic read, and it's a WONDERFUL insight from a man's perspective on how men work in life, love and marriage in particular.

I read this book in two plane flights {and I am SOOOO not a reader}, it's a fun read, the author will make you laugh out loud and really inspire you to work harder in your relationship with your knight in shining armor, or your couch potato {soon to be knight} =).

I encourage you all in this new year to go out and find 

Hopefully it'll change your life and your marriage!



No comments: